Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Questions about TurboFloorplan 2019 Pro
Read 382 times
* November 19, 2018, 03:22:48 PM
I have a few questions about the latest version of TurboFLOORPLAN 2019. I will get to those in a minute, but first a question to the administrators of this form. Why is it so slow?? Maybe it's me. I am on Windows 10, using Firefox as my browser. And every time I open this forum moving from topic to topic is excruciatingly slow.

Now for TurboFLOORPLAN.
TFP 2019 PRO is a very capable application. We are in the process of building a new house and TFP has been very helpful in allowing us to visualize the rooms in our new house. I was, however, a little disappointed with the 3D object library. There was not a wide selection of objects. And I cannot seem to add more objects.

Q1. The user's guide included with TFP 2019 download does not exactly track with the program. The guide makes reference to functions that are not in my version of TFP 2019 Pro. Why is this? Did I perhaps get the wrong version? After purchasing the software, I followed the links and installation instructions that were emailed to me.

Q2.  Importing additional 3D objects. The IMSI website states that I can add additional objects from SketchUP. The function is listed in the import menu. When trying to import an SKP file, I get an error. In the Materials and Furnishing tools, I see where other objects can be added, but how do I  do this?

Q3.  Powertool. The user's guide mentions functions that are available there when launched such as; Ceiling designer, Window designer, Mantel designer, Pool designer, Door designer, Trim designer, and Symbol editor. The only items in my version of Powertool are 3D Workshop, Photo View, Estimator and Fence designer. Where are the rest of the tools?

I did not have very good luck with IMSI support. All he could tell me is that importing SketchUP files does not work. Really? He did offer a form for me to complete if I want a refund.

L. KANESHIRO

November 19, 2018, 03:52:59 PM
Hi there,

You are right regarding the delays at the forum => I reported this issue to the Forum techs. Hopefully, they will provide a solution.

I will be glad to help you re: your questions. I need an additional information => are you using TFP 2019 Pro, or TFP 2019 Deluxe or TFP 2019 Instant Architect?

November 20, 2018, 08:48:58 AM
Hi there,

I just received a confirmation regarding the Forum delays => the technicians are looking for a solution and hopefully they will troubleshoot this problem soon.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:59:20 AM by Patricia G. »

* November 21, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
Thank you for your quick response about the slowness. It took longer to load this page than it did to read it. Just kidding!  Waiting to hear about the questions I posted about TFP. I really want to make this work.

Thanks.

L. KANESHIRO

November 21, 2018, 08:23:46 PM
Hi there,

You're welcome, but I think that you didn't see my question above! ;)

I will be glad to help you re: your questions. I need an additional information => are you using TFP 2019 Pro, or TFP 2019 Deluxe or TFP 2019 Instant Architect?

Anyway, I am assuming that you are using PRO, so I will try to provide some answers to your questions.
Q1 and Q3 => The user manual is general for different programs, and they include different Power Tools. So, yes, some Power Tools are not included with your program. Regarding the functions, is the same concept. Let us know if you are looking for a specific function
Q2 => Yes, you can import 3D objects using => File => Import => if you experience problems, please, this tutorial in my Facebook page

Hope this helps.

* November 23, 2018, 09:00:32 PM
Thanks Patricia.I apologize for not expanding further in the body of the post whether I was using Pro, Deluxe or Instant Architect. I stated that I was using TFP 2019 Pro in the subject line. In any case it is confusing that the product is not consistent between the different versions. Looking at the comparison chart that IMSI has on their website, I figured the Pro version to be the most complete. I did not notice Instant Architect on the list. Do I need to purchase one of the other products?
As for the tutorial, I do not use social media. But I am aware that you have tutorials posted in several places. In fact I think I read the section about importing files into TFP. Using those directions I still was not able to import SKP files without getting an error message. I had a little luck with 3DS files but not SKP files. I will take a look at that tutorial again. Perhaps I missed something.

L. KANESHIRO

November 24, 2018, 07:27:20 AM
Hi there,

I use to ask questions in order to provide accurate answers. Anyway, Pro is the most complete program (IMSI brand).
If you have other inquiries regarding other programs, please contact sales support.

You don't need to use social media to see the tutorial. Just click on the link and it will open, as any other webpage.

Good luck with your program.