Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Renderer bug
Read 1122 times
* February 14, 2008, 07:59:55 AM
I have noted that similar things are mentioned in other posts, but could not see it here.

When rendering a scene for the second (or more) time, the radiosity is way off - everything appears to be over saturated. By pausing the rediosity process then restarting, you notice a considerable change to the rediosity image and this has the same effect with to the final render. Why should this be the case??

The pause/unpause trick does not always work however, and eventually you have to shut the program down and restart to get the scene to render correctly.

In addition, ceilings render black if recessed down lighters are used and radiosity quality is not over 3

Chris

* February 14, 2008, 04:22:52 PM
Chris,

There are all known issues and the programmers are working on a patch. I find the only way to get consistent renders is to close the program before doing a new Advanced render. Bit of a pain but at least it is consistent that way.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* February 15, 2008, 06:32:20 AM
Consistent repeatable renders are a PROBLEM.  I have great difficulty discerning problems of construct or user error when, without any changes, the resulting render is often different.

I'm of the school that computers should produce exactly the same results for the same conditions and to research differences to change 1 thing at a time....but even this simple approach often fails with program bugs of inability to simply repeat results....very frustrating for me....hard to imagine how quality checks are done by programmers...or maybe they skip some of that effort?

* February 15, 2008, 07:38:45 AM
Doung,

That is where I find closing and re-opening the program works - I do get consistent results that way. Resetting etc does not do it., I have to close the model and TFP. When I start again I get the same render with the changes that I made incorporated of course, but the lighting is the same.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional