Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

standardisation of basic element properties
Read 903 times
* February 26, 2008, 12:07:53 AM
This is less a new feature request and more a request to tidy up what is already there and provide a consistent user interface and functionality.

Every element should have a number of basic properties which can be manipulated in a consistent way - in particular, overall dimensions. For example, if I create a fence or wall, then I see the length as I am dragging the line - both on the plan and in the Commander area. But once it is created and I click on that element then the length is not shown. Except if I create a multi-segment wall then clicking on a segment shows the length of a different segment (why?) - but only on the plan, not in Commander. But not if I do the same for a fence! And if I look at element properties then I can see the height of a fence or wall but not the length!

It is suggested that length/width and height (at least - possibly also depth) should be basic properties which are always shown in Commander when an element is selected. I am less concerned whether these are also shown on the plan. Obviously not evey element will have a meaningful full set of dimensions (a flower or tree will have height but not length/width), but these properties could simply be fixed in these cases.

Jon Stranger

* February 26, 2008, 01:21:56 AM
I agree, this is a valid observation and well worth considering. Consistency makes things much easier.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional