Register

TurboFloorPlan 2017 is Shipping!!!

Printing Plans and Elevations etc on One Sheet of Paper
Read 13744 times
* August 22, 2013, 02:22:56 PM
Hi Allan
How can I export the file plan view of the retaining walls are painted black?

* August 22, 2013, 07:55:02 PM
Go to File / Export / 2D drawing. This will save it as a DXF file.
You can import it again using File / Import / Import Wizard.

I think I have those steps correct. I am away from home using my phone so just doing it from memory but I think that is right.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

* August 23, 2013, 03:35:16 AM
It's ok, but I want to export the colored walls in black. I tried to export with the pattern set view but exports only the edges of the wall.

* August 23, 2013, 04:11:31 AM
If you have the walls set to solid black then it will not export like that, but just the outside lines. You can export it as an image which would include the 'solid fool's but the image would be coloured and not of the same quality as the DXF output. You can change all the lines individually to black but that is a time consuming process.

If you want you could fill the walls manually by drawing a broad line between the two narrow ones but it may be a bit tedious.

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* August 23, 2013, 04:58:26 AM
I tried with the line, but even if you increase the thickness of the line does not change. Do you know if opening the file .dxf with autocad and then import it in tfp you can?

* August 23, 2013, 07:43:34 AM
To get the added line thickness to show you would have to turn "Line Weights" on in the Program Settings.

Sending it to AutoCAD would not work as far as I know - I don't think it supports line weights.

Allan

Allan Chesney,

* February 13, 2015, 06:56:13 PM
Using this method to export and then import plans or elevation views am I right that I cannot edit line types or erase some lines?  My elevations need a little editing but I dont see where I can do this.  I also tried importing just the Foundation Plan but the line types need editing ( footer lines came in as continuous ).   This is kind of like importing drawings as "blocks" in AutoCad but in ACAD I can "explode" the block and then edit individual parts.  I dont believe I can do this in TFP.  Is this correct?

* February 14, 2015, 12:33:47 AM
Hi Randy,

Unfortunately you are correct, the DXF comes in effectely as a block that cannot be exploded. This is one of the limitations of this version of the program. Obviously you must filter out in the model what you don't want as much as possible. You can easily add lines in but cannot take them out. The only thing you MAY be able to do is cover existing lines with a white line (thicker) and print in colour with "Print Line Weights" turned on. The white line must be EXACTLY over the line you do not want. Zoom in close and use Object Snap to make sure it aligns.

The DXF is essentially coming in as a 'flat' 3D model, not lines, so dashed lines will not appear. Again you MAY be able to put a dashed white line over it to make print dashed. If you set the background of the model to a colour other than white, you will find it easier working with white lines, but make it white again before you print.

Will get to your other questions later on today (I hope).

Allan

Allan Chesney,