Register

TurboFloorPlan 2019 is Shipping!!!

Shed Roof occasionally reverts back to a Gable Roof
Read 211 times
* April 23, 2020, 11:17:42 AM
Shed Roof occasionally reverts back to a Gable Roof, in 2019 version.  Not sure exactly when it happens, perhaps when I return to the roof tab.  The Shed Roof has a 2:12 pitch.  Wall in front is higher than back.  When it reverts to a gable roof, it becomes a zero pitch room, the front wall protrudes through the gable roof.  I then have to rebuild the shed roof.  How do I lock in the shed roof, preventing it from being changed.

Also, It took a long frustrated time to figure out how to create a shed roof.  It was not intuitive and nothing in the training guide addressed the topic directly.  My method was to modify the default gable roof by deleting 3 panels, then stretching the remaining panel into a rectangle.  If there is a better way please describe. Suggest a training video.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 11:35:55 AM by TomR »

April 23, 2020, 12:03:28 PM
Hi there,

Shed Roof occasionally reverts back to a Gable Roof.  Not sure exactly when it happens, perhaps when I return to the roof tab.  The Shed Roof has a 2:12 pitch.  Wall in front is higher than back.  When it reverts to a gable roof, it becomes a zero pitch room, the front wall protrudes through the gable roof.  I then have to rebuild the shed roof.  How do I lock in the shed roof, preventing it from being changed.
In order to keep the first roof and avoid automatic changes, you must define the Auto-Roof Properties (Details and images about this feature on page 191 of the User's Guide)

Also, It took a long frustrated time to figure out how to create a shed roof.  It was not intuitive and nothing in the training guide addressed the topic directly
I'd suggest to use the Four-Point Freehand Roof Tool. (Page 194 of the User's Guide).

If there is a better way please describe. Suggest a training video.

If you are interested, I have eBooks for all the programs and versions. My eBooks contain images and tutorials about all the subjects, including a full chapter about Roofs, with 21 examples of different roof styles. All the items are related using more than 2000 links and more than 1000 images.

In addition, I have collections and tutorials (including a video tutorial for beginners users) in my Punchhelpers Store

Hope this helps.