FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: granteck on January 16, 2010, 11:34:40 AM

Title: Is there any update on support the use of 3D Connexion devices?
Post by: granteck on January 16, 2010, 11:34:40 AM
I search the forum and found that it was being reviewed, but there was no follow up after that. TurboCad is reported to support the 3D mice.
Title: Re: Is there any update on support the use of 3D Connexion devices?
Post by: Allan Chesney on January 17, 2010, 11:18:51 AM
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I personally have not heard anything about this but it may appear in the new version of Envisioneer which is due to be released on Monday. (I received an invitation to the event in Las Vegas but since I am 12,000 miles away guess what!!...).   Envisioneer is the parent product to TurboFLOORPLAN. If we wait until the release of Env 6 and it has this ability, then it MAY appear the next version of TFP.

As far as I know there is no shared code between TurboCAD and TurboFLOORPLAN. Both are from IMSI of course but the programming is totally unconnected, although TFP DXF output can be inported into TurboCAD of course, as it can into other CAD programs.

However because they ARE connected, if Env 6 supports a 3D mouse, then the next TFP may too (it usually follows not long after). I seem to recall it being discussed in the Envisioneer forum. Lets see what comes out of Las Vegas tomorrow. (Actually it is already Monday here - half an hour ago - must go to bed!).

Allan