FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Tips and Tricks => Topic started by: gav on May 31, 2010, 01:08:40 AM

Title: mouse pointer
Post by: gav on May 31, 2010, 01:08:40 AM
I am using the V15 model atm and im not sure what changed but the mouse pointer arrow selects things with the back of arrow and not the point .Anyone else had this happen??
Title: Re: mouse pointer
Post by: Allan Chesney on May 31, 2010, 02:28:40 AM
Hi Gav,

Thats an odd one!  

Couple of suggestions:

1)  Try turning the laptop upside down - although that may be difficult since the keyboard would now be upside down too!!  

2)  Try turning the mouse upside down - it could take some time getting used to moving left when you want to move something to the right ect but you may get used to it - eventually!!

3)  Create a new set of Mouse icons with the arrow pointing down instead of up. How you would go about loading the new mouse icon set into the computer I don't know but I am sure it could be done - somehow!!

Seriously though, I have not heard of anything like that before and I can imagine that it is very frustrating.  Sounds more like a Windows issue but beyond me I am afraid (unless any of the 3 suggestions above work!)

Allan
Title: Re: mouse pointer
Post by: Draft Patrick on May 31, 2010, 07:06:32 AM
Hi Gav,

I think that, for some reason, the mice settings are changed
First question: does it happen only with TFP? or with all the programs in you computer?
Go to control panel --> mouse --> check the settings of your mice--> if you are not sure, let us know the brand and model of the mice and we'll try to help

Pat