FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: tanstaafl. on September 10, 2010, 08:36:56 PM

Title: How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?
Post by: tanstaafl. on September 10, 2010, 08:36:56 PM
How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?

tanstaafl.
Title: Re: How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?
Post by: Allan Chesney on September 10, 2010, 09:18:37 PM
Hi,

You will find a couple of cars in Exterior Accessories / Other Outdoor Items.

I have added a couple of others you may like to try also. (Some may be a bit of a challenge identifying the different parts of the vehicle to change colours etc). The image is of one Porsch but using mirror walls for the reflections.

Allan
Title: Re: How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?
Post by: Doug.S on September 11, 2010, 04:42:21 AM
also search www as there are several sites with 3D models of cars for free....Google searches well but use any familiar search engine.

You may need to use an intermediate 3D program if you wish to manually change named domains for applying textures to various places on an object....tho some models come with multiple domains and you can apply various textures from within TFP.

Some models are simple low poly while others are detailed and large file sizes....use small files unless you really need the details otherwise TFP will run slow unless you have a high powered PC and fast video card.
Title: Re: How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?
Post by: tanstaafl. on September 23, 2010, 11:38:00 AM
Quote from: Allan Chesney on September 10, 2010, 09:18:37 PM
Hi,

You will find a couple of cars in Exterior Accessories / Other Outdoor Items.

Uhhh...  I don't seem to have that.  Oh, wait.  It's under Insert-->Landscape-->Exterior Accessories-->Exterior Accessories on Terrain-->Other Outdoor Items-->Car[1][2], there it sits, right in between "mail boxes" and "fire hydrants".  How ever could I have missed it?  :D

As always, thanks, Allan.  It never ceases to amaze me how thoroughly you have mastered this program.  "Car 1" is just what I needed.

tanstaafl.
Title: Re: How can I add a generic automobile to my garage?
Post by: dtaylor on September 24, 2010, 12:12:21 PM
You can also import SKP files, which means that you can download all types of models from the google 3d warehouse.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ (http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/)