Just joined the forum a few days ago, and I've already picked up quite a bit of knowledge from the postings and help topics. There appears to be a wealth of information. .. .if you ask the right question!! Just getting back into design again, been off CAD for 15 years. TFP is a massive leap from the 2D software I used for years. .. .but I'm spinning up fairly quickly.
I need circle top windows, and all that is available in the TFP catalog are the 'arch' type. Because the radius of the arch is defined and held at a point greater than half the width of the window, I'll never be able to modify the catalogs current arch windows/openings to a true 1/2 circle. Has anyone found a method/template that lets you build a true 1/2 circle window? Modifying one of the existing arches or circular windows using the catalog template is preferred, but I can't find any that allow this configuration. Any ideas?
Hi Ric,
Welcome to the forum!
You should be able to get a full half circle top window - just set the radius to half the width. My example as a windows 1000mm wide and the radius 500mm.
Allan
Allan-
Thanks for the quick response. It never dawned on me to bring a fixed in, modify the 'shape', then configure from there. I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to modify the the Arched window from the Custom section of the Windows catalog, and regardless of effort, was never able to get the radius to half width. Quite an education!!
I've expanded my windows catalog to include Anderson DH, Casement, and Transom. ...Circle Top was the last remaining. Very helpful, and really appreciated.
Best-
-Ric