I have brough building from SketchUp in many parts otherwise not everything is imported.
TurboFloorPlan picture is not as good as in SketchUp. Some textures are poor.
For instance:
- Marquis fron is good but top is mess
- Wooden wall is one color, each bord is not shown.
- Roof zoomed to very smaal erea is good but at distance brown and white dots.
Quality level is % and number of steps is 6000 ( effect of number?), antialising is 4.
I could not import picture.
Is there anything I can do?
Hi Timoko,
Sorry but it is not quite clear to me what you are trying to do. Are you trying to import an object from SketchUp and having problems with the textures? If so you may have to reassign the textures in TFP.
I have never had to use SketchUp to create the things I have needed so have only done the occasional test. I know if you import 3DS files you occasionally have to reassign a texture and if you import a 3D DXF file you nearly always do. It may be the same with SKP files too.
Rendering should come out as realistic as a photo. Are you using Advanced render or Basic? The quality level only works for Advanced and steps is information only - the number itself has no effect.
What is the picture you are trying to import? How are you importing it and how are you using it after import?
Can you attach an image so we can see what you are getting? This may help to identify any problems. It is very hard to work anything out without being able to see what you see.
Allan
Just a note.....as Alan stated, I am not sure if I got the problem. However, I am under the impression that you are trying to import a building from Sketch Up?If so, I am not sure that it is a good idea
Also, in Sketch up, what tool are you using for final rendering? because the free rendering tool from Sketch up is powered by IMSI
Let us know
Pat
It was a question of mapping of imported textures on equipment.
By selecting equipment properties and "wanted texture" from list and then mapping, you can select size of the mapping and then also inclined textures will appear correctly.
For instance when I imported Tervuren dog, every triangle on dog's body had small Tervuren texture, by correcting mapping, you get dog with one texture on it's body.