FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: murphj on February 16, 2011, 04:24:10 AM

Title: symbols
Post by: murphj on February 16, 2011, 04:24:10 AM
I need to draw an arrow to show north point on a plan.
Can someone please tell me where I can find symbols
I also need to draw a clothes line
Brian
Title: Re: symbols
Post by: Draft Patrick on February 16, 2011, 07:45:38 AM
Hi,

Do you mean  (for both) 2D elements?

Pat
Title: Re: symbols
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 16, 2011, 09:59:49 AM
Hi Brian,

Quote from: murphj on February 16, 2011, 04:24:10 AM
I need to draw an arrow to show north point on a plan.
Can someone please tell me where I can find symbols.

You will find a number of North Arrow symbols in File / Import/ Import CAD file / Drawing Symbols. (Only V15)  These are 2D only of course.

There isn't a clothes line there but you can easily draw one (or any other symbol) using the layout Toolbar (may be turned off).  Assuming you are talking about a rotary clothes line, you could just draw a few concentric squares and two lines across the corners.

Allan
Title: Re: symbols
Post by: murphj on February 17, 2011, 02:27:10 AM
Thanks Pat and Allan
I need the symbols for 2D drawings.
I have Version 15 and have drawn the symbols as Allan suggested
Brian
Title: Re: symbols
Post by: Doug.S on February 17, 2011, 10:51:11 AM
If you ever need to have these in 3D,

to show (for example) in a 3D view,

many 3D symbols can be found on www or create by extruding 2D to 3D...or use an image map on a floor rug (or maybe photoboard or member), or draw in TFP (Allan has shown many ways to draw stuff for 3D objects in earlier posts).