FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: Doug.S on February 21, 2011, 10:41:32 AM

Title: ceiling joists - can show?
Post by: Doug.S on February 21, 2011, 10:41:32 AM
Been doing initial work on a room with an auto generated "tray" ceiling

Was hoping to be able to see the framing construction with framing set to "on" in view

But even after setting the joist spacing, joists are NOT seen.

Maybe me doing something wrong? or program limitation? or possible bug?

Anyone had any experience in being able to see tray ceiling joists...in any view?
Title: Re: ceiling joists - can show?
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 21, 2011, 11:21:14 AM
Hi Doug,

I have not used a Tray Ceiling before and I am not in front of a computer to check it but I just wondered if you had used a ceiling type that is framed. These are listed separately in the catalogue.

Allan
Title: Re: ceiling joists - can show?
Post by: Doug.S on February 24, 2011, 08:09:11 PM
Thanks for the tip...I'll check that out....I just inserted ceiling by room, 5/8" drywall...then properties/modified to make it a tray ceiling
Title: Re: ceiling joists - can show?
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 24, 2011, 11:59:54 PM
Hi Doug,

I have tried it just using a drywall ceiling and editied to show framing and it seems to work OK.  I have no idea what the framing for a tray ceiling is supposed to look like but it appears to display it OK to me.

Did you actually choose the frame members not just the spacing?

Allan
Title: Re: ceiling joists - can show?
Post by: Doug.S on February 26, 2011, 07:33:46 PM
Yes, you found my mistake...thanks,

I forgot to select the materials for the framing...just did the spacing

Now it looks OK

Thanks again.