Hi everybody :
It's been a while since I "stopped in". Got a few new renditions, using
Google Sketchup, I can soften edges. And, making my own furniture with
Google Sketchup.
Question : What is the quickest, and shortest, way to scale objects made
in Google Sketchup to be the proper (size) scale when I import them into
TFP 15 ? Most of the time, after opening TFP 15, I edit the "added"
objects, so as to fit properly in the room(s) of the house.
Also, I'm going to post some of my recent renderings. So keep an eye
out for them, and let me know what you think. Or any advice for improvement
on them. I've made a few improvements.
See you all later :-)
garystan
Hi Garystan,
Using the import wizard you get a scale option. Basically you just choose the scale in which you created it. If you had mm choose mm or if cm choose cm (or inches, feet etc). There is a custom option too.
Allan
As I recall (but been a long time so hope I remember OK), when you select an import scale choice, TFP indicates the size the imported object will be....if that looks correct, then hit OK,
if not, try another, or select custom and try numbers till you home into the exact size you want. Of course you can adjust the size later anyway. but best to get it right the first time if possible.
More often than not its a change to/from inches/mm or vice versa or similar.....or inches vs. ft. etc.