FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: DoHop on March 25, 2011, 06:03:34 PM

Title: Flat Roof
Post by: DoHop on March 25, 2011, 06:03:34 PM
I did make my purchase of Turbo conditional with the salesperson that it could create a flat roof.  They assured me no problem.

Three days of manipulation get me close but no banana.  You would think a "shed" roof wouldn't be anything but simple construction, but even it has gabling, or whatever you call several dimensions of roof topography and consequent framing.

I need flat, 2 degree angle roof, with flat, single 2x8  x 12' beams...just like a shed. I need to be able to place these on an approx 24' x 60' dwelling, using internal "cross beams" to make the 12' lumber spans work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

If this forum doesn't mail notify answers, would you drop me a line at DouglasHopkins@gmail?  Appreciated.  I'll invite you into my new blog in radiant floor, HVAC  & solar construction techniques, in which I have experience.
Title: Re: Flat Roof
Post by: DoHop on March 25, 2011, 06:05:25 PM
By the way, it is a one story building.  I tried faking it out using the ceiling menu, but that didn't work either.
Title: Re: Flat Roof
Post by: Allan Chesney on March 25, 2011, 09:20:26 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum,

If you have a look at this post it should give you the direction you need. http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1258.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1258.0.html).
Basically it is a matter of setting one side to 2 degree and the rest to vertical (gable), but the previous post should help.

The Ceiling or Floor would work also if you draw them "By Picking Points" not by Room or Perimeter.  You can elevate them to any height to fake a totally flat roof. The method mentioned in the previous post must have at least 1 degree slope on one side.

Allan