FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: Baruch on April 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM

Title: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Baruch on April 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
What is the difference ( for me, an amateur) between the turbofloorplan home and landscape pro, and the deluxe versions?
What is the difference between my floorplan and the new turbofloorplan?
Can I upgrade from floorplan to turbofloorplan? In what proce?
Thank you.
Alex
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Doug.S on April 21, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
I think there is a side by side comparison on IMSI web site...or search for it via www.

TFP is a newer s/w than FP3D and has new features.  You cannot import FP design files into TFP.

If you can afford the price, TFP pro is the way to go....offers more and not that much more expensive.
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 21, 2011, 06:03:28 PM
Hi Alex and welcome to the forum,

Quote from: Baruch on April 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
What is the difference ( for me, an amateur) between the turbofloorplan home and landscape pro, and the deluxe versions?
I certainly agree with Doug's recommentation, feature wise the Pro version is much better value for the small extra price. Robert put together this list (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,870.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,870.0.html)) of things not in the Delux version but I am not sure how complete it is - I suspect there are many more things not included. There is also this simple feature comparison on the Envisioneer website: http://www.envisioneerexpress.com/turbo-compare.php (http://www.envisioneerexpress.com/turbo-compare.php).

I know that many times in the forum in the past, those who have bought Deluxe wished they had got the Pro version as they kept running into limitations.

Quote from: Baruch on April 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
What is the difference between my floorplan and the new turbofloorplan?
There is no comparison really. TFP is so much more advanced.  It is very flexible and almost everything is customisable. The code base underneath is so different that the two programs are not compatible in any way, so it is not possible to open an FP3D file in TFP, although it is easy to trace an existing plan from FP3D. The change of the codebase was made as the previous version had been developed as far as it was possible to go. Although they are very different underneath, they look and work the same, so it is easy to switch from one to the other and then pick up all the added functionality.

Quote from: Baruch on April 21, 2011, 08:51:33 AM
Can I upgrade from floorplan to turbofloorplan? In what proce?
Because of the differences there is no such thing as an 'upgrade' - it is a totally new installation. If price is a concern, you may be able to get a copy cheaply from EBay or similar site and then, when a new version of TFP is released, you should then be able to get the generous upgrade price, which is usually about two thirds of the normal price. In fact it was on special for that just a couple of weeks ago.

Allan
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Baruch on April 22, 2011, 05:35:19 AM
Thank you Doug and Allan for your prompt answers.
Looking in Ebay I found they sell the TFP Pro software, but only the V12 item.
What are the differences between V12 and V15? Where can I see them?
For an amateur, is it sufficient to buy the Instant Architect + Instant ,only,( instead of the TFP Pro package) for remodelling the house?
I will appreciate your opinion.
In the meantime,  I tried to "build" a 2 storeys house, (with my Floorplan 3D program) in which the ground floor area is larger than the seccond floor.
Although I followed the instructions, I am unable to properly cover the ground floor extension only with a separate roof ( apart from the roof covering the second floor). I always get a roof "covering" the total area of the ground floor. What did I miss?
Regards.
Alex
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 22, 2011, 11:00:19 AM
Hi Alex,

TFP V12 would be a far better buy than Instant Architect. V12 is very capable - much more than FP3D also.  There were a few functionality additions between V12 and V15, but nothing really huge.  The additional features were the sort of thing you do not use every day, and some may never use unless they got into it big time.

Hard to remember now what was added but a few come to mind: Shutters and Quoining, Footings and Surfaces (sort of piece of roof or whatever - I've never had a reason to use it). The other things must have been very minor. I know the toolbar icons increased in size after V12 but that was a backward step as they take up too much screen space really. Just found this post which lists some of the additions to V14: http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,974.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,974.0.html)  and then from V14 - V15: http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1180.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1180.0.html), http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1162.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1162.0.html) and http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1170.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1170.0.html).  Although there may appear to be a lot of things, many are things that are rarely used, so if a full price version of V15 won't fit in the budget, then V12 Pro would be still be a better option than V15 Deluxe (or Instant Architect), as many of the new things are not in Deluxe anyway.

Sorry but I can't really remember how the roof worked in FP3D. It is much easier and more flexible in TFP and at the moment I can only think of how to do it in TFP.  Doug may be able to remember - in fact I think he may still have FP running. If not some other users may.

Allan
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Doug.S on April 22, 2011, 03:49:06 PM
nope sorry, don't remember and have been running v15 only, for a long time now...no looking back, newest version is easier and better
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Baruch on April 24, 2011, 02:06:55 AM
Once more, thanks to both of you.
I will try my luck with the V12 Pro, as Alan suggested.
Alex
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Baruch on April 24, 2011, 02:29:22 AM
By the way, Do you know whether the V12 PRO version is compatible with W7 home premium?
If negative, then which is the first  compatible version?
Alex
Title: Re: Turbofloorplan vs Floorplan
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 24, 2011, 08:38:58 AM
Hi Alex,

I don't think you will have a problem with W7 as you can make most programs run as if they were on a previous operating system (eg Vista or XP).

V15 certainly works without any problems and I am sure V14 does too. See this post for the process: http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1020.0.html (http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1020.0.html).  You may have to start the program, after installation, by right clicking the .exe file on your PC (BIN folder I think) and select Run As Administrator. You can set Windows so that in future it will always run it this way.

Allan