FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: Garry on April 28, 2011, 03:35:08 AM

Title: turn "off" items
Post by: Garry on April 28, 2011, 03:35:08 AM
I placed some "text" by the doors.  Now I want to change the text but it keeps picking up the "door" instead of the text.
How do you turn off certain items so it picks up the one I want?
Thanks
Title: Re: turn "off" items
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 28, 2011, 03:55:12 AM
Hi Garry,

Go to the View Filter and select the Eye icon to turn the element off or click the Filter icon on the right, to make the element not selectable. With the latter you can see the door, wall etc but the cursor will not select it.

Allan
Title: Re: turn "off" items
Post by: Garry on April 28, 2011, 04:09:33 AM
I didn't see anything for doors - am I just missing it?

What is the icon under "selection"?
Title: Re: turn "off" items
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 28, 2011, 05:37:27 AM
Click the little plus in front of Walls and it will expand to show you will see Doors, Windows etc.

The icon (a 'filter') under selection is the icon I am referring to.  If you click that icon alongside Doors you will not be able to select the doors until you click it again. It goes pale when items are not selectable.

Allan
Title: Re: turn "off" items
Post by: Doug.S on April 28, 2011, 11:28:42 AM
an alternative...

- change text color to same color as its background

- place an empty rectangle over any offending object/text/etc. colored to match the background


This has more user control if you want to see other parts, print, select, etc.