Would it be possible to add a steel frame wall option? We frequently use steel framing for brick veneer homes and steel roof framing also (no termite problem!!). The ability to change the appearance for this would be good but the main problem is the Project Estimate and Cut List as they always shows Spruce (which we do not get in Austraila).
Allan
Hi Allan,
I was thinking that same thing as well. Especially if you wanted to build and office building. Naturally, they use steel framing as opposed to wood. I guess that will be one of many features TFP will never see...lol
David
Hi David,
Welcom to the forum!
This is actually a very old topic and was referring to V12. We have this option in V14 - in fact the framing and internal construction member options are very extensive, including creating your own profile.
If you go to the Wall Properties and click Framing (down the bottom of the dialog box) you will see there are hundreds of them.
Allan
Hi Allan! What do you mean with steel framing, because I can have steel frame in my walls.
Robert
Never mind I didn't read you carefully enough you have already answer my question. :D
Sorry Robert, I don't understand the question. I think you must have missread my comments. As my image shows you certainly can have steel framing.
Allan