FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: jimdavii on November 16, 2007, 10:59:54 AM

Title: Bug report for door opening left/right.
Post by: jimdavii on November 16, 2007, 10:59:54 AM
Door swings are always determined by where the hinges are located when viewed form the swing of door away from you.
Hinges on right, the door open right as you walk into area. Hinges on left, the door open left as you walk into a room.
Title: Re: Bug report for door opening left/right.
Post by: Allan Chesney on November 17, 2007, 10:11:07 AM
I agree with you that this is the most logical way to do this and I think the most common way (certainly in Australia) but I have also seen the opposite used at times in different literature - that the door's 'opening' is on the left (hinges on the right) and visa versa.

Allan