FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: quintain on January 03, 2012, 12:42:44 PM

Title: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: quintain on January 03, 2012, 12:42:44 PM
Hello, I hope someone can advise me.
I am using v15 Tcad FP pro with win 7
How can I import a .dwg file (from Turbocad pro 14) and use it to 'trace/copy' a site boundary in TFP.
The boundary dimensions are W 135m x H 170m (I have attached the file)
To date I have opened a new TPF file, imported the .dwg file and then used the 'Terrain - Site boundary' tool to draw around the boundary.
I constantly get an error message "TurbofloorPlan 3D.. unable to create self intersecting polygon".
Regards
Richard
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: Draft Patrick on January 03, 2012, 01:57:56 PM
Hi quintain

I imported / used the file without problems, however, when I opened your *.dwg file in CAD, I  found a grid outside the drawing. Perhaps this is reason of the problem

Just in case, I cleaned the *.dwg file, it is attached

Let us know if the problem persists

Pat
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: quintain on January 03, 2012, 04:19:41 PM
Hi Pat
While I download and try your cleaned up file did you carry out the sequence I listed in my post or some other way of working.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Richard
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: quintain on January 03, 2012, 04:35:35 PM
Hi again Pat
Regrettably no good as yet, I carried out the same procedure in my first post but this time with your cleaned up file BUT still got the same error message.

Regards
Richard
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: Draft Patrick on January 03, 2012, 04:59:49 PM
Hi Richard,

Can you post a screenshot showing your screen in the exact moment when the message appears?

Pat
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: quintain on January 03, 2012, 07:29:31 PM
Hi Pat
Again thanks for your help, it is now solved.

When I had (frequently) originally tried to trace the boundary from the .dwg I had been cutting through the stray diagonal line located towards the bottom left corner and also cutting through the two lines at about middle of the right hand side (that is the existing road location leading into the site).

When you told me all was well at your end I gave much more attention to it and drew the boundary making sure I didn't cross any lines and all is well.

Again thank you for your help.

I have attached the early stages TPF drawing for your information.

Best Regards
Richard
Title: Re: Site Boundary - Trace from .dwg
Post by: Draft Patrick on January 04, 2012, 08:12:17 AM
Hi Richard,

Glad to know that the problem is solved and thank you for the feedback!

Pat