FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: garystan on January 30, 2012, 08:53:26 PM

Title: TFP Pro 15 Update
Post by: garystan on January 30, 2012, 08:53:26 PM


            Hi :

                   Well,  I found the TFP v15 Update/Patch.    But, now I keep getting this error message :     "Renderer: False Parser Error.   
                     File:  obj_1613_1_0.ent "
                   What does this mean, in plain English ?
                                                                                                      garystan
Title: Re: TFP Pro 15 Update
Post by: Doug.S on January 30, 2012, 08:59:34 PM
So I'm assuming your v15 updater installed OK and you tried to render a scene??? and got this error?

If so, it would appear than an imported .obj item had a construct problem. Try deleting any .obj's from scene and try renders to verify.

Was that it?

Do any other scenes also yield this error? or does a sample .bld from IMSI render OK?
Title: Re: TFP Pro 15 Update
Post by: garystan on January 31, 2012, 01:06:10 PM


        Doug S.  :

                      I had to correct some System problems (errors in HARDWARE MANAGER), got them solved.   Then TFP went bonkers (in the Rendering Department).      I  installed the  TFP Patch,  opened the file again,  got that error message, then closed the file and  re-re-opened it, once open,   I clicked on REPAIR PROJECT.     Once thing I DID notice was that the new floor tile I was trying to put in place was gone.    Then the rendering went fine.           In the file,   I did the ROOM DIVISION, selected new APPEARANCE for the floor.     After the REPAIR,  I noticed that the floor went back to its   previous appearance.              One thing I forgot to mention,  I did the option of CONVERTING the file to the  "patched/updated"  format.

                                                                                                  Thanks for your help
                                                                                                       garystan
Title: Re: TFP Pro 15 Update
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 01, 2012, 09:02:20 AM
Hi Garystan,

Rendering issues such as you reported, are generally the result of a corruption in the model.  Doing the Repair Project can sometimes identify and delete the corrupt element. It would appear that in this case it was a floor that was the problem.  Make sure you do not have two or more floors in the same place. If you want a different type of floor, change it on the Appearance tab - don't add a new one (or if you do delete the old one first).

Bad wall joints are more often a problem, so if you still have any render issues, I would check the walls closely (zoom in very close). Make sure walls joins are clean intersections without any fragments of wall within the join. (When you select the walls you will see the fragments as small triangles within the intersection)  Re-do them if necessary.

Allan