FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: jjocsak on February 06, 2012, 10:13:45 AM

Title: Print File Size
Post by: jjocsak on February 06, 2012, 10:13:45 AM
I just wanted to know if this is normal.
My plan file size is about 2 meg.
I then go into the plan and turn everything off but a small 2d portion of the plan.
I then try to print and the file size is 75 meg.

Is that normal?

Jeff
Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 06, 2012, 10:22:17 AM
Hi Jeff,

Doesn't sound right, but what are you trying to print? Do you mean printing straight from TFP via File / Print?  If so I don't understand how you are seeing a file size when printing. Is it showing up on the printer itself or in the print queue?

Allan
Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: jjocsak on February 06, 2012, 10:47:28 AM
Just trying to print a simple floor 2d plan. I have everything else hidden.
I see the file size in the print queue.

Jeff
Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: Draft Patrick on February 06, 2012, 12:10:54 PM
Hi Jeff,

This can be related to several issues or not . Or it can be just the printing in high quality
1 - Do you have a preview feature in your printer? In this way you can see if there is any problem
2 - try to print to a PDF file and see if there is any issue

Pat
Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: jjocsak on February 06, 2012, 12:29:04 PM
No preview feature in the printer, just preview from TFP
PDF prints fine at 34 KB, same area being printed.

This reason I bring this up is because this is not printing, just hangs in the queue.
If I start a new plan that seems to print ok.

Jeff
Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: Draft Patrick on February 06, 2012, 01:08:27 PM
IMO, if PDF prints fine, it is a printer issue, and it is not a TFP issue --> check the quality settings, driver, etc

Pat

Title: Re: Print File Size
Post by: jjocsak on February 07, 2012, 05:50:33 AM
It seems as though I do have a print preview option for my printer.
As soon as I turned that on everything prints fine (weird).

Thanks all
Jeff