FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => Feature Requests => Topic started by: Allan Chesney on December 11, 2007, 10:33:28 AM

Title: Tools toolbar
Post by: Allan Chesney on December 11, 2007, 10:33:28 AM
Would it be possible to have another toolbar for commonly used tools such as nudge settings, tape measure, paint brush and dropper, select previous, hardware acceleration etc?

Allan
Title: Re: Tools toolbar
Post by: Doug.S on December 11, 2007, 11:09:31 AM
I'm thinking you mean a "custom" user controlled content, toolbar...

good idea,  so users have a single place for commonly used tools
Title: Re: Tools toolbar
Post by: Allan Chesney on December 14, 2007, 11:59:58 AM
Fully customsied toolabrs would be really nice!

Allan
Title: Re: Tools toolbar
Post by: George Smith on February 06, 2010, 01:35:37 PM
Wanted to bump this thread to make the request again.

First of all, I appreciate the tabs- they are incredibly useful.  However,

1.  Could the tabs & toolbars be customizable (which commands to include, etc)?
2.  Could we add a "custom" toolbar and/or tab?  I don't know about anyone else, but I probably use 10 commands 99.9% of the time.  If I had my way, I'd get rid of all the tabs & put my ONE custom toolbar there instead. The very few times I use one of the other tools, I could just as easily click Insert/Interiors/ Furniture, or whatever.

Title: Re: Tools toolbar
Post by: Doug.S on February 09, 2010, 04:56:00 PM
I have a two monitor screen so in ver. 12 I have all the tabs converted to individual windows arranged on screen #2

but on my laptop tabs are space robbers.

Don't forget there are keystrokes available for often used tools like render view:  hold down "alt" key then hit v then r

I posted a list long ago in this forum...you can search for it.

But still agree that user customization is very desirable.
Title: Re: Tools toolbar
Post by: George Smith on February 09, 2010, 05:12:18 PM
QuoteDon't forget there are keystrokes available for often used tools like render view:  hold down "alt" key then hit v then r

I posted a list long ago in this forum...you can search for it.

Doug, I found your old post before I bumped this feature request.  http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,87.0.html
In fact, I copied your cheatsheet and whittled it down to the few commands I actually use & saved it.
Thanks