FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: Elie_R on April 27, 2013, 09:20:07 PM

Title: Help: importing within TFP
Post by: Elie_R on April 27, 2013, 09:20:07 PM
Hello:

How can I move a whole building from one drawing in TFP pro 16 to another drawing in the same program?

Thanks,
Elie
Title: Re: Help: importing within TFP
Post by: Allan Chesney on April 28, 2013, 02:22:36 AM
Hi Elie,

I am not quite sure what you mean by 'moving  a whole building from one drawing to another'. It is not possible to copy a building from one project and paste into another project if that is what you mean. You can do a 'save as' and give the drawing a new name - that will give you two separate projects. You can Duplicate a building from one Location to another Location within the same project or you can Move the whole building within the same project but not into another project. Another alternative is to trace the building into another project.

If one of those comments has not covered what you mean then you may have to give more detail about what you are trying to do.

Allan
Title: Re: Help: importing within TFP
Post by: Elie_R on April 28, 2013, 10:44:38 PM
Hello Allan,

Well, I think you answered it here and in an older post to someone else. I found the older post after I posted (funny how I searched and searched the forums but the older post didn't come up until I posted my question).  The answer to my question is: No, a building or a house cannot be copied from one drawing into another project/drawing to merge with an already drawn building.  I had drawn an addition to my house in a separate project from where I had the existing house drawn and now I wanted to merge the two.  Since this couldn't be done the easy way, I had to redraw the whole thing in the drawing that contains the building that I wanted to merge my addition to the house to.

Thanks,
Elie
Title: Re: Help: importing within TFP
Post by: Allan Chesney on May 01, 2013, 07:37:36 AM
Hi Elie,

Copy/paste between projects has been a longtime user request but the technicalities of doing this in 3 dimensions is obviously very complicated. What would happen is you tried to paste a 3 storey building with 10ft (3m) walls, into a project that was only set up for 2 storeys and 8' (2.4m) walls. Where would everyone go? 2D is easy but 3D would be very complex I suspect.

Maybe it will be possible one day.

Allan