FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: DimFF on May 01, 2013, 02:44:06 PM

Title: Area of a roof and walls
Post by: DimFF on May 01, 2013, 02:44:06 PM
Hello all,
I guess it's pretty easy question, but somehow I can't figure it out myself..
How can I calculate area of a roof and interior walls in TFP?
I use TFPv14
Thanks
Title: Re: Area of a roof and walls
Post by: whidbey011 on May 02, 2013, 03:39:29 AM
The only way I have found is to produce a project estimate (under the Analyze tab) and look at the sq ft of shingles and or siding it call for as a good estimate.
Title: Re: Area of a roof and walls
Post by: Allan Chesney on May 02, 2013, 10:05:56 AM
You can use the Drywall area too for interior wall area and you can also use Tools / Analyse / Schedules / Room Region by Picking Points, to draw a shape around any part of the project (eg Roof) and it will give you the area/perimeter/volume.

Allan
Title: Re: Area of a roof and walls
Post by: DimFF on May 12, 2013, 03:47:35 AM
Thank you Alan,
Yes, I use this metnod to calculate areas of rooms, probably it works for flat roofs as well, but I don't see how it could be used for sloped (not horizontal) roofs...
Well, not too big problem, I can do some manual geometry calculations, just seems a litle strange TFP does not have such feature..