FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: garystan on May 27, 2014, 03:31:24 PM

Title: Making Rafters Visible
Post by: garystan on May 27, 2014, 03:31:24 PM


      Allan :
     
               I came across an old discussion labeled "Roofs with Purlins and Rafters Visible".  I tried the instructions you gave in that discussion. Work pretty well.  Question : can I use this method to create ceiling beams that would completely across the span of the roof ?  Omitting the ceiling, so as to have that rustic look.

                                                                                                                 garystan
Title: Re: Making Rafters Visible
Post by: Allan Chesney on May 28, 2014, 11:22:19 AM
Hi Garystan,

If you just want to show the framing of the roof / ceiling all you have to do is turn on roof and ceiling Framing and turn off the ceiling Surface. This is how the attached image was done. Is that what you mean?

Allan
Title: Re: Making Rafters Visible
Post by: garystan on May 28, 2014, 12:02:01 PM
   Allan :

               That's what I was searching for.   I wonder if the trusses can be spread further apart ?     Again.....thanks.

                                                                                         garystan
Title: Re: Making Rafters Visible
Post by: Allan Chesney on May 29, 2014, 08:09:59 AM
Hi Garysran,

Yes they can. Select the ceiling (or roof), click Properties and then Framing (bottom). You can select the size of the timbers and the Spacing.

Allan