FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => Feature Requests => Topic started by: Thompa on February 29, 2008, 10:31:53 AM

Title: Roofing
Post by: Thompa on February 29, 2008, 10:31:53 AM
Hi there,

Roofing is notoriously difficult to get right.

The house that I am working on has a 'false' ridge line that ends in a gable. This 'feature' is not linked to any wall lines.

I cannot see how to create this effect.

A better way of adding roof lines would be to allow drawing of ridge lines - much in the same way as wall construction.

Allan
Title: Re: Roofing
Post by: Doug.S on February 29, 2008, 08:26:23 PM
I think your idea is a good one to add as an alternative roof generation.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do but it seems probably possible to do now....suggest you post a question and explanation ( maybe include a simple sketch attached) in the category 'looking for help' and maybe one of us other users can help with a solution.
Title: Re: Roofing - v11 question?
Post by: Steve Clarke on March 01, 2008, 09:20:48 AM
Hi,

Remember Allan posted another question mentioning v11.1 - so this request is probably based on trying to do something in v11 - it could already be possible in v12 as Doug said.