FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: alindsay55661 on June 02, 2008, 03:05:45 AM

Title: Two tone paint with chair rail
Post by: alindsay55661 on June 02, 2008, 03:05:45 AM
I have a chair rail but I can't figure out how to paint the wall beneath it a different color.  When I use the paint brush it does the entire wall.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Alan
Title: Re: Two tone paint with chair rail
Post by: Allan Chesney on June 02, 2008, 09:36:22 AM
Hi Alan,  Welcome to the Forum.

To change the texture beneath the chair rail you need to use the Wainscot setting on the wall Trim tab.  This has been discussed a few times so if you do a Search on Wainscot you can read the various posts on it.  In the one at http://forum.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html (http://forum.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,283.0.html) there is an image showing where the settings are.

Allan

Title: Re: Two tone paint with chair rail
Post by: alindsay55661 on June 02, 2008, 11:36:34 AM
Excellent!  Glad to see its that easy.  Thanks Allan.
Title: Re: Two tone paint with chair rail
Post by: FitzHugh75 on December 07, 2010, 01:38:05 AM


I have tried a toned paint for my furniture's and it looks okay for me. I guess it depends on how you will combine or tone the colors so the furniture will be beautiful. May I advice to use high quality of paint in painting your furniture for added longer life of the paint.
Title: Re: Two tone paint with chair rail
Post by: Kajvin - Robert W on December 11, 2010, 08:18:29 PM
Hi FitzHugh75

Some times technical English be confusing a Chair Rail is not a furniture, it is protection for a wall by for the most time wood rail och something other material, and in TFP can you use this setup for make a 2 color or 2 texture wall split horizontally. By the way what version of the 3D-program is you using.

Robert