I have come up with a work around to create a full set of plans on a single paper space.
First export 2D images of the different plans and views to either JPG or BMP that you need on the final paper print. I use JPG but I have tried it with both and got the same result. The important bit is to get the plans and images all the same size on the screen before exporting. So for example start with 2D plan view, make sure the scale is set correctly. Then make sure all of the plan can be seen within the view window. Next select the first floor level needed and use the view filter to turn on/off element to get the correct display of what you need printed for that plan . Then export the view in your chosen format. Make sure that in the Export View Size dialog box,
Hi John,
I never print plans (just do the photrealistic rendering basically) but this comes up from time to time so it will no doubt be useful to others and would also probably work well for elevations.
You did inspire me to try something though and it seems to work. I had a four storey model and the goal was to place all four floors on the one piece of A1 paper. Using a copy of the main plan, I selected everything on each location and moved them so they were arranged at suitable spacing on the screen and turned the location dimming to 0 so that all floors were in full density. On the Print dialog I selected Display and Print to Scale. The result was all four plans, to scale on the one piece of paper. Well, it wasn't one piece of paper as I do not have an A1 printer but the printer will print, as if A1, on four A4 pages. I was able to send it to PDF Creator (free download) and it has up to A0 pages size, so in theory that should work. That idea may also be useful to some who may not have thought of separating the locations for printing purposes.
Allan
Allan,
I have tried several ways to get all required views onto a single paper space and the problem that I have always come up against is getting the scale perfect when taking it to other applications. What I found is that if each plan/elevation is done in turn, I'm able to print each one on my printer (A4) and check the scaling. That is the only reason why I do each plan singly.
But thinking about how you printed your four floors, give me another idea. If a scaled rule image is produced and once correctly sized the image is locked. Then in theory the rule image could be used to rescale the imported plans and elevations directly on the canvas.
I will give it ago and use your idea of all floor plans at once. I know how to put all the floor plans side by side thanks to a post a few weeks ago. But how do you put elevations side by side in TFP?
I'm only really interested in TFP for my own projects, but I do like to print something that looks like real plans. It looks so much better when using them to talk to professional and suppliers. My current project is the biggest that I have undertaken without an Architect thanks to TFP (Although the Architects wouldn't say that) The one weak point that I find with TFP is the sectional view.
I would really love to have Envisioneer, but can't warrant the cost. TFP is so cheap for what it gives. I wonder if they have considered doing Add-on modules to give it some of the extra functionalities towards Envisioneer? That way TFP users could purchase the extra modules they need. It might end up costing the same but in smaller more affordable chunks.
Hi John,
Splitting the floors may make it possible to put 2 elevations side by side but I cannot think of a way to put the elevations underneath each other. I will have a look when I get home.
Allan