FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: AVK on January 24, 2009, 06:24:50 PM

Title: dimensions of wall
Post by: AVK on January 24, 2009, 06:24:50 PM
Hi,

before I used FloorPlan 11 and now I can't find one usefull option. When I want to resize my wall it will be very useful to see size of that wall. But I can see that size only after finish editing wall and choosing another wall. Is it possible to show at screen all dimensions of my walls in anytime?

Thanx

TFP 12.01.C2.586
Title: Re: dimensions of wall
Post by: Allan Chesney on January 25, 2009, 10:36:33 AM
Hi, Welcome to the Forum.

If you go menu bar Tools/Dimensions, you can "Apply Auto Exterior Dimensions" (and Interior).  I have yet to find a way to turn this off though. You can select and delete them but this is not ideal.  Personally I find auto dimensions get in the way, so I just select adjacent walls if I need to double check a length.  There have been a few requests for some changes here, so hopefully they will appear in a future release. (I presume you know that you can click on the interior or exterior dimension and type in the figure if you want a precise distance between two walls).

Allan
Title: Re: dimensions of wall
Post by: Doug.S on January 25, 2009, 11:19:25 PM
for a quick check of any dimension, don't forget you can use the "ruler" tool to "measure"....best to zoom in to get the most accurate results.

for approx. measurements, turn the grid display on and use known grid spacings for checks of  short items

for ref you can insert a drawing line of known size

for visual ref. you can insert and drag anywhere a box/cube shaped item.....make it into a "measuring stick" and keep it handy as needed.....for spacing for inserting objects and later for checking lengths.
Title: Re: dimensions of wall
Post by: AVK on January 31, 2009, 04:16:45 PM
Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 25, 2009, 10:36:33 AM
Hi, Welcome to the Forum.

If you go menu bar Tools/Dimensions, you can "Apply Auto Exterior Dimensions" (and Interior).  I have yet to find a way to turn this off though. You can select and delete them but this is not ideal.  Personally I find auto dimensions get in the way, so I just select adjacent walls if I need to double check a length.  There have been a few requests for some changes here, so hopefully they will appear in a future release. (I presume you know that you can click on the interior or exterior dimension and type in the figure if you want a precise distance between two walls).

Allan

Hi Alan
thankyou

Yes, I know about "click on the interior or exterior dimension and type in the figure"
it is great thing, it is true
but do you know that use it should be very careful
there is possible change not only size this concrete wall and also change size of another walls

Look at picture
if I type size of wall which size now 174.9 so TFP will move apart left and right main walls
Title: Re: dimensions of wall
Post by: AVK on January 31, 2009, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: Doug.S on January 25, 2009, 11:19:25 PM

for ref you can insert a drawing line of known size


might be, thank you Doug.S!
Title: Re: dimensions of wall
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 01, 2009, 04:19:40 AM

Hi Again,

Yes you do have to be carefull doing overtyping a wall dimension as it will move attached walls if necessary. If you do not want to just drag the wall end to lengthen it, as in your example, you can right click the wall and select Lengthen.  Click on the end you want to lengthen and watch the Commander Bar (make sure it is turned on in Settings) and it will read out the added length for you or you can type into it the distance you want to lengthen it by (or a minus figue to lengthen it in the opposite direction. This is the safest way to lengthen a wall without it affecting other attached walls.

Allan