Hi, I'm a newbie with TFP (instant architect). I only make floor plans, space plans or site plans so am only using 2D at the moment. as my drawings are very simple I would like to override the dimension automatically inserted by the program with an override dimension.
cant seem to find in the help.
thanks for the help.
Ralphus
Hi Ralphus,
Welcome to the Forum!
Not sure exactly what you are wanting to do here. You can simple just click on the dimension and change it, but that will also change the plan to the new dimension - i.e. it will move the walls also to the new position adjusting related dimensions of connected walls as necessary. If that is what you want then that is all you have to do. If you want the other dimensions to remain the same, then obviously the plan will not be accurate for building purposes, although you can do that with the Tools/Text option. This allows you to put any text anywhere. You would have to delete the auto dimension you don't want and replace it with the new text. If you want to change the styles or colours etc of text and lines etc just double click them.
Hopefully one of those options covers what you wanted.
Thanks Allan,
I'll play with the last suggestion. it sounds like that is what I'm looking for. i just make simple floor plans to go with real estate packages. non of what i do is used for construction.
thanks again.
Ralph
Hi Allan
after playing a bit more I realize I just have to take more care with the input rather than changing sizes later. i have dropped the sizing to just feet and inches, got rid of the fractions.
Where do i find symbols like North etc?
I'm having trouble with the dimension lines and size of print of the dimension, have a bit more reading to do.
otherwise, all is working well.
thanks again,
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
I agree that going for reasonable accuracy to start with is the better way to do it!
I am not aware of a north symbol etc although seem to recall seeing some car park symbols somewhere. You can certainly use the Layout toolbar to make the arrow and Text input for the N. Remember that line thickness, text size, style etc can all be changed.
You could also import an image to use for the purpose.
Allan
Thanks Allan
does the layout toolbar go by another name. i have opened all toolbars and see nothing for "layout"
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
No, the Layout toolbar is called just that. In Settings / Toolbars you should see it there - presumably turned off.
You will find the individual tools under Tools / Layout (Alt/T/L).
Allan
Hi Allan
i don't have layout in either location. i do have a greyed out icon, to the right of the select arrow under Standard Tab. i have opened all tabs
but there is no layout ???
i must have the economy model.
i also have difficulty depositing architectural items, sinks and furnaces. they will not stay when clicked. i just pick a differant element.
Ralph
Hi,
I would expect the Instant Architect version is a cut-down version (assuming it is based on TurboFLOORPLAN at all?)
Unfortunately the Web site does not give me much information on the Instant Architect series, no Comparison charts, etc.
I didn't intend to buy the mini down version. the challenges of purchasing software.
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
Sorry but I did not notice the reference to Instant Architect and, like Steve I dont know anything about it so cant be much help.
If you decide to get TurboFLOORPLAN, I would suggest getting the Pro version - it does the landscaping in addition to the buildings. You may be able to get an upgrade price. - or hold off if you can as everyone is suspecting a new version is close. The upgrade prices, even if you bought the Pro version now, are usually very generous.
Allan
Quote from: Ralphus on February 14, 2009, 02:14:14 PM
Where do i find symbols like North etc?
You can get some via .skp files for free SketchUp via Google or search web for "north" symbols and get .3ds files to import into TFP
thanks for the help and advise all, I'll wait for the new version to come. another problem I'm having is the text size and dimensions. i don't appear to have control over entering a size of less that 1". sometimes i get text and measurements the size of the drawing.
hopefully this will all work better with the upgraded version. the "Pro"
Ralph