FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: raykos on February 26, 2009, 07:51:26 AM

Title: Drawings for a building permit
Post by: raykos on February 26, 2009, 07:51:26 AM
Hi all,

   Been away from TFP for a while, but now I need to make some drawings for an addition to our house in order to get a building permit.  I have TFP V12.01 and TCAD V11.2.

   I did a search on TCAD, and I'm not to sure about what I found?  It appears the latest was that Mr. Zimmer was going to come out with a tutorial covering this subject, but I can't tell if he did? 

   So, does anyone know of any tutorials showing how to use .bld or .dxf files to generate architectural drawings, in order to get a building permit?  Any help/direction/samples appreciated?

Thanks,
Ray
Title: Re: Drawings for a building permit
Post by: Allan Chesney on February 26, 2009, 09:51:46 AM
I recall a later post from Jack saying that he had not done the tutorials yet due to a number of reasons. It is not something I have done so can't really comment. Presumably you have tried to export as a 2D DXF file (File/Export) and then opened in TurboCAD.  I recall some mention in the past in discussions about the subject of "exploding" the DXF after importing into TurboCAD. It does not mean much to me. Presumably makes the file editable otherwise it may be just one object - just a guess.

If neither Jack or anyone else responds here you may be able to get some help from the TurboCAD or Envisioneer forum (TFP's parent software). I know Jack visits the latter frequently so may be able to offer some tips to get you started.

Allan