FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Tips and Tricks => Topic started by: Allan Chesney on October 11, 2007, 05:05:57 AM

Title: Balancing Interior and Exterior Lighting when using Radiosity
Post by: Allan Chesney on October 11, 2007, 05:05:57 AM
If you have images that include sun coming in through windows but are also using a large number of interior lights, you may find the interior lights have to be reduced considerably in brightness.

The images below show the effect I found using 20 lights.  This may be different if you are only using one or two.

Left Image 
Title: Re: Balancing Interior and Exterior Lighting when using Radiosity
Post by: mcpruitt on October 11, 2007, 02:06:53 PM
Alan,

You mentioned turning down the light to 5% of original setting.  How did you do that?  I only see the properties setting for lights which allows you to substitute it for another of a different power.  Am I missing something?

MCP

Edit:  I think I found whrere to set the intensity of the lights.  Could they bury it any deeper?

MCP
Title: Re: Balancing Interior and Exterior Lighting when using Radiosity
Post by: Allan Chesney on October 13, 2007, 07:02:26 AM
Mike,

Yes they could - thankfully they didn't!  Try finding how to set the transparency or shinyness of a texture! At least we can set it now - in the old FloorPlan you had but put some glass over something to make a texture shiny!

Mybe the depth of some of the functions will be reduced as the program evolves.

Allan