Continuation of a previous thread... in the attached bld file the roofline of the central portion of the house (the one between the two wings) appears in all of the renditions to be higher than the two wings. I have checked all of the floor and ceiling elevations, the roof angles and rise, and everything else I can think of to no avail. I suspect that this problem might be part of the cause of the next problem as well?
In addition, the new attached garage addition to the left of the central portion of the main house refuses to accept a roof. Whenever I try to add a roof either by picking points or by perimeter the roof that is added is either fully independent of the roof on the main house or the 2d and 3d renditions show something towering 10 or more feet above the roof of the main building. I would certainly appreciate any help on this. I am interested in learning the technique as well as getting the job done and I am hoping there are others out there with building additions who would benefit also.
Thanks much.
Hi. The roof is higher and all the angles etc are the same but that section of the house is wider so the roof will automatically project up higher than the other - it is 26' while the wings are only 21'. This would happen in real life. If you do not want that then the pitch would have to be changed or house sections be widened.
The garage roof is odd. I managed to fix it but I suspect it was a broken wall on the garage where it joined the rest of the house. All I did was delete one of the wall sections (see image) and then extended the existing wall from the corner. This ensures that the wall is continuous and identical to the other shared part of the wall. Make sure the outer corner joins correctly by extended the wall past each other and then deleteing any nibs sticking out. When you re-insert the roof by perimiter it works correctly.
Allan