FloorPlan User Forum

General Category - V.16 and Earlier => V12 - V16 Looking for Help? => Topic started by: robster45 on October 28, 2009, 12:07:54 AM

Title: Import PDF's for tracing/coloring
Post by: robster45 on October 28, 2009, 12:07:54 AM
Hi, I'm just getting started in TurboFloorplan and I have a question.  I have an opportunity to make a little extra money but I'm not sure if I can do it with TFP.  I had some home floor plans sent to me in PDF form.  They're standard floorplans that need to have colors/textures added to create renderings.  Is there a way to import pdf's, or do I need to find a way to convert a pdf into jpg or bmp file?

Thanks for your help!

Rob
Title: Re: Import PDF's for tracing/coloring
Post by: Allan Chesney on October 28, 2009, 06:14:44 AM
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum!

You cannot import a PDF but it should be easy to export as a BMP or JPG if you have Acrobat Standard for example.  If not you could enlarge the image on the screen and do a screen print.  This can then be pasted into Microsoft Paint for example and saved as a BMP or maybe a JPG.

Before you import the image, create a new Location (eg called Tracing) and import to that Location - you can then easily turn it off when you have traced the walls etc.

All the best with it.

Allan