Rendering issue in TFP15 with model built in previous version

Started by swinster, January 05, 2011, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinster

Hi all,

I must be doing something really stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out what.

I have just installed TFP15 in a new(ish) installation of Windows 7 and opened an old TFP bld file. The file opened with no issue but when I render the image I'm getting odd results.

If I render using the Basic tab, the rendered image is almost white. If I render using the Advanced tab, I see detail, but is as iff the lights are switched off. I have tried removing the light and re-inserting to no avail. I have checked to see if the lights are on/off (they are on), but am now not sure what to do. (for reference I almost always use the advanced render as the I never seem to get good result with the Basic one, especially after multiple attempts).

I have attached some examples plus a render of the same thing done in the previous TFP.

This is now really bugging me.

swinster

Just tried running a repair - TFP deleted a door but other than that the rendering is the same.

swinster

and to be clear, the scene was rendered on the same equipment, just with a refreshed OS (old OS was Win Vista) and a new version of TFP.

swinster

Hmm. Oddly the very first step of the Radisoity pass you see the lights on, but then everything goes black???

Allan Chesney

Without seeing your render settings I am just guessing, but try rendering in Advanced with the Daylight turned off.  With daylight on, it has the effect of turning the interior lights off. This may be the issue. If that does not help, post an image of the render dialog settings.

Also, what version of TFP are you using?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

swinster

Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 05, 2011, 12:28:03 PM
Without seeing your render settings I am just guessing, but try rendering in Advanced with the Daylight turned off.  With daylight on, it has the effect of turning the interior lights off. This may be the issue. If that does not help, post an image of the render dialog settings.

Also, what verions of TFP are you using?

Allan

Bingo. I knew I must be doing something stupid! How frustrating.

The old version was 12, the current version I'm using is 15. I must have turned off daylight in the old setup but have forgotten about this quirk. I didn't read anything in the help about this. It's probably in there but it might be a good idea to have a note in the section which explains about the lights, such as switching them on and off.

Allan Chesney

Sometimes you can get away with it by setting the Daylight setting to Overcast but I find turning the Daylight off altogether is the quickest way to solve the problem.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S



Bingo. I knew I must be doing something stupid! How frustrating.

The old version was 12, the current version I'm using is 15. I must have turned off daylight in the old setup but have forgotten about this quirk. I didn't read anything in the help about this. It's probably in there but it might be a good idea to have a note in the section which explains about the lights, such as switching them on and off.
[/quote]

------------------------

Your suggestion for v15 is good....BUT the better solution is for IMSI to fix the render solution so that interior views render correctly; even with SUN "on" and shining thru a window.  This is not rocket science and all other 3D programs I know of with radiosity render the combined interior and exterior lights correctly.

TFP15 has a render bug. The above solutions are work arounds.

Allan Chesney

Hi Doug,

They are working on it in Envisioneer, (which will flow on to TFP of course) and the 'Overcast' option was an interim 'fix' but it is far from ideal. I don't understand why it is taking so long to sort out, as you can use 'artificial' lights to simulate the 'sun' and that works OK. 

I think the problem may be that they are focussing all their attention on structural complexity (customised framing and integration with commercial products etc) and on the architectural plans that update when the 3D model is changed, as these things are the money earner for Envisioneer. Unfortunately rendering takes a second (or third!) place I suspect. TFP of course, only inherits some 3D and rendering capabilities, so we just have to wait. Very frustrating at times!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional