Create straight staircase with L-Type right with same width

Started by beebop, February 03, 2011, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draft Patrick

Patrick Sullivan

Doug.S

What was/were the final change(s) to get your desired results?

beebop

Hi Doug,

I never did get the 100% desired result as I was hoping for but did get a design that is close enough to proceed with my project.

I ended up making the width slightly smaller and adding a banister to make it look wider which met my requirements.

Still very puzzled though on how Julian created this from the link in my first post but have to give up now as it has been driving me mad.

Cheers,
Bee-bop

stevens

i am having the same problem but times 2.  I have a staircase that starts with 90degree turn goes straight and then turns back 90degrees.  It does this all within a 3' stairwell so the bottom step and top step can't extend out past the straight part of the stairs.  I have attached to pictures one is what my stairs look like and the other what they should look like (roughly).  It seems like in order to make this work I would have to set the radius on the L-Type sections to 0 but that doesn't seem to be possible.  I can adjust it down as low as 5" but that's it and a 5" overhang on the top and the bottom makes my stairs 10" wider than the stairwell.  I have attached a picture of what the stairs look like now, what they should look like and lastly what happens when I change the radius from 3'-3 3/8" to 3'-2 3/8" which is why I think the radius setting is the one causing the problem.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

S

Doug.S

sometimes I find the "auto" solution, even after trying everthing imaginable for adjustments, does not work

An alternate solution is to make each turn as its own object....so maybe make two staircase objects or 3 staircase objects for all the treads/risers/landings etc....that all fit into the same space....with collision as 'on', they should all live happily together...tho fine tuning may be needed to align exactly so the result is it looks like one construct.

stevens

Thanks for the idea, but no luck with that either.  I can't create the upper or lower segments without running into the same issue.  I can't seem to create a L-Type stair with a 0 degree radius.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Allan Chesney

I don't particularly want to enter into this discussion as I hardly ever use stairs, so I would just be experimenting too. I noticed however your reference to "0 degree radius". Sometimes TFP will not accept zero but will accept anything even slightly greater. May be worth a try?

Also some other ideas at the bottom of this post may be usable: http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,978.0.html.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional