ceiling joists - can show?

Started by Doug.S, February 21, 2011, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.S

Been doing initial work on a room with an auto generated "tray" ceiling

Was hoping to be able to see the framing construction with framing set to "on" in view

But even after setting the joist spacing, joists are NOT seen.

Maybe me doing something wrong? or program limitation? or possible bug?

Anyone had any experience in being able to see tray ceiling joists...in any view?

Allan Chesney

Hi Doug,

I have not used a Tray Ceiling before and I am not in front of a computer to check it but I just wondered if you had used a ceiling type that is framed. These are listed separately in the catalogue.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S

Thanks for the tip...I'll check that out....I just inserted ceiling by room, 5/8" drywall...then properties/modified to make it a tray ceiling

Allan Chesney

Hi Doug,

I have tried it just using a drywall ceiling and editied to show framing and it seems to work OK.  I have no idea what the framing for a tray ceiling is supposed to look like but it appears to display it OK to me.

Did you actually choose the frame members not just the spacing?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S

Yes, you found my mistake...thanks,

I forgot to select the materials for the framing...just did the spacing

Now it looks OK

Thanks again.