dimensions

Started by murphj, April 17, 2011, 02:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Chesney

Hi Brian,

Looks better now! You should still be able to get the 12873 if you zom in real close on the dimension arrow or Nudge the wall 1mm.

The "angle thingies" look lik a Floor By Picking Points. I am not at home at the moment so I can't check. If you select it, you can drag the corners to make it square. They should snap to to wall, or the cursor will change to indicate alignment.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

murphj

Allan and Doug
I now have a plan that shows all the dimensions adding up correctly and aligned properly.
Alan, it was a handy tip to turn off the line weights and zoom in closely.
The problem that I had where I couldn't draw the dimensions from within the building area has been resolved by following your instructions exactly. (If all else fails follow the instructions!)
I was using a click and drag procedure instead of the clk and enter steps that you set out.
You can also get the same result by following these steps: left clk where you want line to start, drag line in required direction,rt clk,enter dimension in direction box,enter,enter.
TFP seems to put some of the dims lines in strange places. I have moved a lot of them around and added new ones and put the dimensions on them. The way they were automatically set out made it hard to read and interpret and difficult for a builder to set out.
I would not risk using the auto exterior dimensions function now that I have tidied up the plan, as it would delete the amended notations.This would be a problem if I changed the drawing at this stage.
Thanks for all your help.
Brian

murphj

Allan
I hadn't read your email when i posted the last message
The attached shows corrected measurements.
Thanks for all your help
Brian

Allan Chesney

Hi Brian,

Good to hear you have it sorted!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional