Print File Size

Started by jjocsak, February 06, 2012, 10:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjocsak

I just wanted to know if this is normal.
My plan file size is about 2 meg.
I then go into the plan and turn everything off but a small 2d portion of the plan.
I then try to print and the file size is 75 meg.

Is that normal?

Jeff

Allan Chesney

Hi Jeff,

Doesn't sound right, but what are you trying to print? Do you mean printing straight from TFP via File / Print?  If so I don't understand how you are seeing a file size when printing. Is it showing up on the printer itself or in the print queue?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

jjocsak

Just trying to print a simple floor 2d plan. I have everything else hidden.
I see the file size in the print queue.

Jeff

Draft Patrick

Hi Jeff,

This can be related to several issues or not . Or it can be just the printing in high quality
1 - Do you have a preview feature in your printer? In this way you can see if there is any problem
2 - try to print to a PDF file and see if there is any issue

Pat
Patrick Sullivan

jjocsak

No preview feature in the printer, just preview from TFP
PDF prints fine at 34 KB, same area being printed.

This reason I bring this up is because this is not printing, just hangs in the queue.
If I start a new plan that seems to print ok.

Jeff

Draft Patrick

IMO, if PDF prints fine, it is a printer issue, and it is not a TFP issue --> check the quality settings, driver, etc

Pat

Patrick Sullivan

jjocsak

It seems as though I do have a print preview option for my printer.
As soon as I turned that on everything prints fine (weird).

Thanks all
Jeff