free Hexagon 3D vertex modeler

Started by Doug.S, July 19, 2008, 11:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.S

I read this in a recent post on another forum...

"A quick note to all those who may be looking at expanding their 3d modelling engines...
The September issue no.107 of "3World Magazine" has the full version of "Hexagon1.2" available for free on the DVD. Plus the offer of upgrading to version 2.5 for a measly $37 USD.
"

I cannot confirm this is true but knowing the product, this is typical of their marketing.
I have used Hex since ver. 1.0 and now on 2.5.  Exports .3ds for TFP nicely but does have some domain naming bugs....so I usually export to Carrara and then name domains. DAZ programmers know the bug and are working to resolve it soon.

Hex is a pretty easy to use but very powerful vertex modeller.  You can export a TFP .3ds model, adjust in Hex and return it modified in TFP.  You can get free .3ds models from www too. Hex also handles other file formats. You can't beat the price for such a user GUI friendly program...tho there are free vertex modeller available.
Hex does not do renders...just models.
List price is about $200.  DAZ makes its money from modellers selling their models, especially human forms and accessories (like Poser), rather than from the programs.