V12 download page broken

Started by Robert Harris, January 21, 2009, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Harris

Does anyone have the V12 patch they can send me or know where else it is located besides the location at the bottom of the forum.  I have been trying to download the patch for the last several days and no joy.  When I select the TFP Pro patch link from this page; http://www.imsidesign.com/Support/TurboFLOORPLANSupport/tabid/515/Default.aspx I get a 404 error.  Have contacted IMSI telling them the link is broken.  No response and no fix.

I had assumed that when I purchased the product in December 2008 that it would be the May 2008 version.  I have 12.01.C2.586 with a build date of 29 Feb 2008.  Several of the responses in the forums suggest that the product is more stable / has bug fixes at the patch version so would like to update my install.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Harris
Sydney, Australia

Steve Clarke

Hi,

All the links have spelling mistakes!

They read "http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TurboFLOOPLAN/Patches/12-1/TFP_HLP_Update.exe"

So paste the link in your browser and insert a R to read .../TurboFLOORPLAN/...

i.e. "http://downloads.imsidesign.com/TurboFLOORPLAN/Patches/12-1/TFP_HLP_Update.exe"

The post at the bottom of the page in May 2008 was when IMSI actually told us the patch was available
- I think Feb 2008 is the actual date of the patch - so I think you have the latest anyway.
(You have 12.01 and the link is 12-1)
Steve

Allan Chesney

Hi Rob,

Yes, 12.1 is the latest. Are you having some issues with it?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Robert Harris

Thanks for the replies  :).  No issues with the software that I am aware of.  I was under the impression that the post date for the patch (May) would have been closer to the release date of Feb so went looking for the update.  I had seen a few forum responses where a recommendation was "to make sure you have the most recent version" - just following through.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Harris
Sydney, Australia

Allan Chesney

Hi Rob,

There are a few issues still around but most do not come across them.  If something odd happens use the Search or just ask here. In most cases there are workarounds.

A new version must be getting close, so hopefully these will be fixed then too.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

tanstaafl.

Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 21, 2009, 07:17:17 PM
Yes, 12.1 is the latest. Are you having some issues with it?

I am using 12.00.C1.551 (August 2007) and not having any problems that I know of.  Is there any compelling reason for me to upgrade?

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

Probably not - if you are not having any problems.  I still run V12.0 on my desktop but have applied the update to the laptop.  Most of the issues the update fixed were in the 3D Real View rendering.  The Advanced render would crash the program for most users and there were light balance issues, so a partly cloudy and overcast day options were added.

If you are not into that area yet, then I would not worry.  As they say - "if its isn't broken (for you), don't fix it"!!  There should be another version before too long, so you may as well wait for that if it is doing what you want as it is.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S

OTOH, the update patch, while fixing a few problems has not seemed to cause any new problems.... so installing is pretty low risk .....some positives and no negatives....so probably a good choice to install the update.

Should it fail for some odd reason, you can uninstall all and re-install original ....but not likely you will need to do that ever.

tanstaafl.

Quote from: Doug.S on January 25, 2009, 11:08:25 PM
OTOH, the update patch, while fixing a few problems has not seemed to cause any new problems.... so installing is pretty low risk .....some positives and no negatives....so probably a good choice to install the update.

Should it fail for some odd reason, you can uninstall all and re-install original ....but not likely you will need to do that ever.

Downloaded and installed:  v12.01.C2.586

Nothing caught on fire (not even any smoke leaked out) and TFP still works, so I guess I'm OK.

Thanks...

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

Actually Doug had obviously forgotten one of the bugs V12.1 introduced.  Again it is in the Advanced rendering, so may not worry you and there are a couple of workarounds if necessary, although they are a bit fiddly.   Envisioneer has the same issues. The Basic render option is OK.

The problem is that in V12.1 the interior wall surfaces are always rendered jet black ,unless there is an interior light or a window or door with glass in it to let light through.  It will not come through an open door, and will not come through the top of the walls even if there is no ceiling or roof.  The illustrations below were posted some time again, so I have put them here too in case any others read this thread.  Usually you will have lights inside, so may not run into the problem and you do not usually render with the roof off anyway.

The work around is to turn on the wainscott on the walls and set them to the full height of the wall as they will render correctly as does the baseboard and other wall attachments. I have created a special wall with the wainscott predefined.

Where you are more likely to run into the problem is if you have a free standing wall externally that does not join to for a room - it will render black too, so you can use a narrow wall and make it actually 4 walls, then the Exterior surface will take over and render correctly. This could also be done with the wainscott. It is only the interior wall surface that is the problem.

I can't recall any other issues so as long as you are aware of this one, you should not have any problems.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Doug.S

oops forgot about that one and have not had it as an issue for a long time