Balancing Interior and Exterior Lighting when using Radiosity

Started by Allan Chesney, October 11, 2007, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Chesney

If you have images that include sun coming in through windows but are also using a large number of interior lights, you may find the interior lights have to be reduced considerably in brightness.

The images below show the effect I found using 20 lights.  This may be different if you are only using one or two.

Left Image 
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

mcpruitt

Alan,

You mentioned turning down the light to 5% of original setting.  How did you do that?  I only see the properties setting for lights which allows you to substitute it for another of a different power.  Am I missing something?

MCP

Edit:  I think I found whrere to set the intensity of the lights.  Could they bury it any deeper?

MCP

Allan Chesney

Mike,

Yes they could - thankfully they didn't!  Try finding how to set the transparency or shinyness of a texture! At least we can set it now - in the old FloorPlan you had but put some glass over something to make a texture shiny!

Mybe the depth of some of the functions will be reduced as the program evolves.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional