Green Metal Roofing

Started by crumbum, June 28, 2009, 10:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crumbum

Hello.

I am wondering if anyone out there has a sample of Green Metal Roofing?  I have been searching the web with no luck.  Thanks

Randy

Allan Chesney

Hi Randy,

All standard 'Colourbond' metal roofing Textures with several greens, are included in the TFP texture library.

Just go to your Roof properties, right click in Roofing Materials and select Add.  Click Texture and Browse. Set the Windows Explorer browse display to Thumbnails and start wading through. They should all be there.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

crumbum

Howdy, Allen.

Thanks for the reply.  However, after exhaustive searching I dont believe I have these in my catalog.  I can only find the standard Metal Roof 1 thru 4 and none of those are green.  The other corregated metal have several greens but after rendering they are much to light/bright green for my use.  Anyway I can get by but I am wondering if anyone else is missing these roofing materials?  Thanks much.

Randy

Allan Chesney

Hi Randy,

You should have about 26 'corrugated...' textures that you can add in from the Textures folder. There are 3 or 4 greens among them. Presumably these are what you have found but the colour is not dark enough. 

All you need to do is use an image editor to darken the image.  I have done that for you in the attachments (hopefully dark enough) and also shifted the colour to a warmer and  cooler variety in the hope that one of them will do what you want. (The first one is the original one).  Just save the other images to your Textures folder (See Settings/Program Settings / General to see where the folder is located on your PC) and they will be available to add to your catalog.

You could do the same thing with one of the Siding textures if your roofing profile is a square style rather than corrugated.

Allan

Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

crumbum

Howdy, Allen

Your efforts are much appreciated!   I hadnt thought about editing an existing texture that way.  Can the color be changed too? 

Randy

Allan Chesney

Hi Randy,

Yes any colour can be changed if you have the software that can do it. Most decent photo editors (eg Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Photoimpact and even some of the freebees) have controls to change the colour. Easiest to start with a colour that is similar but your can remove all colour to just a grey scale and then add any colour (usually slider tools).

The other option is to take your own photo and use that but essential to get an even colour or it will have a checkered pattern also!  Even some of the porduct manufacturers make their colour range available on their website and often these are usable too.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional