Screen turns blue when I select a wall in v14

Started by DaveB, November 28, 2009, 08:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveB

I'm using ver 14.0.C2.622 (trial).  I'm having 2 problems which are probably related. 
1.  The work area window flickers when I'm adding walls.
2.  Whenever I select a wall for editing or moving the entire work area window turns solid blue.  To get rid of it I have to click on the select arrow button.  (screen shot included)
Help!
Thanks much

Allan Chesney

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

Well I must admit I havn't ever heard of this one before.  The only thing that occurs to me is a graphics card issue. Sometimes using the latest graphics card driver will solve the problem if it is an older PC.  Try turning off the Hardware Acceleration and see if you still have the problem. (Settings / Programme Settings/ Graphics). This may slow down the walk throughs and such but you may be able to turn it on again when the editing is finished (if that fixes the problem).

Just out of interest what operating system are you using? Also do you know the type of video graphsic card?

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

DaveB

Hi Allan,
Thanks for the response.  Turning off the hardware acceleration fixed the problem.
I'm using Vista Home Premium with SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 1521 notebook.  2Gb of ram.  The graphics card is a ATI Radeon X1270. 

I have one more question for you.  How can I manually enter the length of a wall as I'm creating the wall?

Thanks again,
Dave

Allan Chesney

Hi Dave,

Good to know that fixed it.  There have been a number of issues reported with ATI cards (do a Forum Search on ATI). Updated driver may help.

You can type the length of the wall if you have the Commander Bar turned on (Settings/Programme Settings / Workspace). Click to start the wall, enter the length, enter the angle and then enter. This does work but it is a very, very slow and tedious way to do it. Personally I find it much quicker to simple draw the walls, very roughly, then just drag them to the length you want, watching the dimension as you do. To get it very precise, continue the drag by using the arrow keys on the keyboard. They can be set to move by just 1mm (or fraction of an inch) if you want. (Settings/Programme Settings/ Drawing Aids - set Nudge)  Using this method you can draw all the walls of a typical house in just a few minutes.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional