Get an error message whenever I try to print

Started by fd3369a, February 16, 2011, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fd3369a

Whenever I try to print all or any portion of a drawing I get an error message that says: "Error initializing printer device." I can print fine from any other program. What I end up doing now is export as a JPEG and print from a photo editing program. Any Ideas? I am running TFP v15 Pro on a Gateway desktop with Vista 64 bit to a Lexmark X5470 printer. I get the same error when I ran it on my Gateway Laptop running Vista 32 bit. ???

Allan Chesney

Sorry I am not into the technical PC things so no doubt Pat will make some suggestions.
I just wondered if you have tried printing to a PDF printer? (eg PDF Creator - free to download). That may bet you by until you get the problem sorted out.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Draft Patrick

Hi there,

I'd say that it sounds like a printer driver issue, so as first step--> go to the Lexmark website and verify if you have installed the last driver for your printer. If after this step, you still experience problems, try the following maintenance routine

1 - Check the website of your video card manufacturer and update the drivers

2 - Go to the video setup on your PC (may be different for different versions of Windows and video card); for most, click on an empty part of the windows Desktop, click on Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot. --> Back the accelerations slider to the left, one level each time and see if the problem disappears

3 - Right click on the wallpaper (look for a place without icons)--> Properties--> Settings--> Advanced--> Open GL--> Compatibility Settings--> Force 16 bits--> Apply--> OK

4 - Set your video color depth at 24 or 32 bits ("true color")

5 - Go to www.microsoft.com/directx, and see what version is current and check if you have this version installed in your computer

6 - If the problem persists--> change the color settings from to 16 bit

7 - Run Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and Spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html  (yes, run both, they are free). They use to find different things

You can see other options for [printing in this post
http://forums.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,1500.msg7152.html#new

Let us know about the results

Pat
Patrick Sullivan