making terrains

Started by Doug.S, November 03, 2007, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug.S

best I can say is that if you want anything complicated at all....is to "play" with a test file to learn how each of the tools generate/modify the terrain after you read the basics in help file

it may not seem intuitive at first but after a few trials you'll get the hang of it....do some tests and see the results, un-do/re-do between each change because things build upon each other. Takes some practice; otherwise its easy to get lost in tool cause/effect.

using a 2D and 3D window side-by-side helps too

also see other "help" in this forum and try here ....(.bld file opens in TFP using an auto-convert dialog box)
http://www.cadsoft.com/customercare/viewtopic.php?t=4372&highlight=terrain

EDIT....
the link above may no longer work...

go here
http://www.cadsoft1.com/customercare/search.php
and search on "terrain" for lots of problem solutions that will work in TFP as Env is the expensive parent of TFP.


Surfer_Gurl

Hi, all!  About me:  I have FP8, but haven't used it in quite a while on my old slow computer.  Well, I just built a very fast machine, and bought TFP12 and TC15... zoom!
I made a terrain for FP8 with TC, and imported it to FP.  I think we can do this with TFP12?

Allan Chesney

TFP will import 3DS and DXF files but there can be some issues with textures as they are only imported by number with nothing to indicate which is which. It is just trial and error to keep assigning colours/textures until you identify them all.  Like in FP these files cannot be edited once imported other than total overall size and textures.  If yours is just a terrain then that should not be too much of a problem.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Surfer_Gurl

Thanks, Alan!  I truly appreciate your time and expertise!

Doug.S

also if you want a "cutout" for a basement or anything else below "ground" level, be sure to make the cutout before you import it.

look here for an example...
http://forum.turbofloorplan.com/index.php/topic,248.0.html

Surfer_Gurl

Whew... so much to learn... thanks!