View-extents

Started by George, January 05, 2009, 03:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

I previously owned Floorplan 3D and used the "View-extents" feature often. that feature allowed me to expand a drawing to full page size automatically. How do I do the same with TurboFloorplan, Home & Landscape Pro version?

Allan Chesney

Hi, Welcome to TFP!

It is now called Zoom To Fit, in the middle of the Navigation toolbar. From the menu it is View / Zoom and Navigate / Zoom To Fit.

It is different in that it zooms to fit the Terrain not the actual plan itself.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

Kajvin - Robert W

If you turn of the Terrain then you can zoom the actual plan to best fit.
Cadsoft ProArchitect 2
TurboFLOORPLAN3D Home & Landscape Pro
Version 16.0.C1.901.
Computer:
KajRobVin 2011 Asus P6X58D-E/Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI Dual Screen Windows 8 Pro
Living: Älmhult Sweden

tanstaafl.

Quote from: robban on January 06, 2009, 10:02:30 AM
If you turn off the Terrain then you can zoom the actual plan to best fit.

O-kay....  silly question, I know.  But how do I do that?     ???

As long as I'm asking trivial questions...  am I overlooking a toolbar or an option that would put a ruler (i.e., "measure" in TFP-speak) icon out on the desktop?  I know it's just a couple of extra mouse clicks to go to Tools-->Measure, but I'm used to the way the old FP3D worked and it's hard to break the habit.

Speaking of toolbars, some are at the top of the screen, some at the bottom.  Is there a way to rearrange the toolbars and put them in the sequence and location (i.e., top or bottom) that I want?

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

You can turn off the Terrain, or any Location or elements on any Location with the View Filter. It is the open Eye on the main toolbar or you can go to View/View Filter.  Click the eyes to turn the items on or off.

The tape measure is only on the menu unfortunately! I think we have requested it to be the same as FP3D, so hopefully in the next version(?).

Toolbars can be put anywhere just drag them and they will snap into place an any side of the screen. If you still have them as tabbed then go to Settings/Program Settings/Toolbars and set them to Normal - you can then move them and they are all one click options.

While you are in the Program Settings I would suggest going through every option, so at least you can see what you can change, so things work they way you want them to.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

tanstaafl.

Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 24, 2009, 05:09:00 AM
You can turn off the Terrain, or any Location or elements on any Location with the View Filter.

Well, don't I feel silly!   :D  I use the view filter a lot, and only now, after you pointed it out, did I notice that there are tabs at the top of the view filter dialog to show other aspects that can be filtered besides the main location items.

Maybe I need new glasses or something.   :D

Oh, and I see the trick for moving the toolbars...  you have to carefully grab the very end of the toolbar, otherwise you end up activating one of the icons in the toolbar and it won't move.

As always, thanks Allan!

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

Maybe I need new glasses too - it was a long time before I noticed those tabs also!!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

tanstaafl.

Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 25, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
Maybe I need new glasses too - it was a long time before I noticed those tabs also!!

Allan

Here's another "View to Fit" question.  At least, I think it's related to View to Fit.

I have been working on a plan for several days now, and have used View to Fit many times.  Suddenly, after the last time I used the View to Fit, my scroll bars quit working.  It's like he program is telling me "OK, you wanted View to Fit, you got it and we're gonna keep it that way!  None of this business of scrolling part of the image off the screen."  :)

I don't know if this is relevant, but this happened right after I quadrupled the amount of floor space by copying the ground floor to the second floor, then added a carport to the second floor on the long side of the structure (carport is on the uphill side of a very steep hill) whose area was equal to the original second floor.  It changed the basic plan view from a 2:1 rectangle to a square.

Did I inadvertently change a setting somewhere to cause this?  I can zoom the image so that it is larger than the screen, and then the scroll bars work, but only until an image edge comes back on-screen.

The more I use this program the more impressed I become.  TFP has removed so many limitations that were inherent in FP3D, and it has been rock stable.

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

Hi again,

Nothing to do with the floor space I would't think.  I have just completed a 9 storey office block which has 12,000 sq metres (about 40,00 sq feet) of floor space and is 30 metre high (100ft) with a terrain 100,000 x 100,000 metres (10,000,000 square metres x 9 to make it feet I think) and I still have scroll bars ,even if I go beyond the terrain.  Something else has caused that and I am not aware of any setting you could have accidentally triggered. I will have a look when I get home.

Yes TFP is very flexible!

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional

tanstaafl.

Quote from: Allan Chesney on January 28, 2009, 03:52:14 AM
(10,000,000 square metres x 9 to make it feet I think)

Actually...  10.76, but who's counting!   :D :D  The only reason I know that is I am retiring to Mexico, and the project I'm working on is a detailed plan of the condominium I have purchased there (just closed on it today!).  When I was there I took measurements in feet and inches, but the modifications I am doing will be done in meters and centimeters so I'm always switching back and forth.

Anyway, I have some more information.  I am up to version #18 of the plan (I save and increment the plan number each time I finish a significant change or addition so I can go back if I have to) and backtracking through the previous versions, the problem began in #07.  #06 is fine, #07 is not, and it took me until #17 to notice the problem.

I installed the program update beginning with #11, so that isn't the problem.  I deleted and re-installed the program last night (that's how I could check on #01--#10 which the updated software can't open) and then re-applied the update so I can look at and work on #11 and later.  Since versions #01 through #06 are just fine, and all versions from #07 on don't scroll properly, it is clearly a problem of some sort with the *.bld file, and not a problem with the software itself.

I would be happy to send you versions 06 and 07 (#06 works properly, #07 doesn't) but don't really expect you to want them, as I am sure you have better things to do with your time.  Besides, you would have to be running a non-updated version of the software to open them.  The problem isn't of a crippling nature, I can zoom to fit, then as long as I zoom in so that the edges of the plan are off the screen, I can scroll around to my heart's content.  After all, it took me ten revisions and saves before I even noticed the problem!  But, on the off chance that you are devoured by curiosity about this, you're welcome to the plans.  They are 795K and 872K respectively.

Although, now it looks like the problem is irrelevant, but probably related to a greater problem.  I have run into some sort of stability problem that so far seems unsolvable and may cause me to abandon the project and start over from scratch.  I can't select any rooms on the first story, all of my floors have disappeared on both storys, other weirdnesses going on.  I'll post more about this in a new thread once I get a better idea of what's going on.   :'(

tanstaafl.

Allan Chesney

Hi,

I am running both versions so could look at it - it does seem strange.

On the later developement it does sound like a corruption of some sort - usually wall joins. If a wall is 'broken' you could loose the floor.  Selection of items can but turned off so you can work on other things without accidentally picking up the terrain (for example - or floors, ceilings etc) you may have done this accidentally in the View Filter (check the little 'filter' icon beside each set of elements on each location).

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional