Import PDF's for tracing/coloring

Started by robster45, October 28, 2009, 12:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robster45

Hi, I'm just getting started in TurboFloorplan and I have a question.  I have an opportunity to make a little extra money but I'm not sure if I can do it with TFP.  I had some home floor plans sent to me in PDF form.  They're standard floorplans that need to have colors/textures added to create renderings.  Is there a way to import pdf's, or do I need to find a way to convert a pdf into jpg or bmp file?

Thanks for your help!

Rob

Allan Chesney

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum!

You cannot import a PDF but it should be easy to export as a BMP or JPG if you have Acrobat Standard for example.  If not you could enlarge the image on the screen and do a screen print.  This can then be pasted into Microsoft Paint for example and saved as a BMP or maybe a JPG.

Before you import the image, create a new Location (eg called Tracing) and import to that Location - you can then easily turn it off when you have traced the walls etc.

All the best with it.

Allan
Allan Chesney,
Kalamunda, Perth, Western Australia
www.alchesdesigns.iinet.net.au

TurboFloorPlan Home and Landscape Pro V16.0.C1.901
Envisioneer Construction Suite V9.1.2.1234
TurboCAD V17 Professional