Register

TurboFloorPlan 2019 is Shipping!!!

How to read older bmf files
Read 180 times
* March 21, 2020, 05:49:12 AM
I have some very old bmf files that are my house from 2002.  I opened one of them up and it looks like my software was floorplan version 6.  Yikes, I know!  I cannot find my floorplan software to install it.  Is there any possible way I can view, or I know this is crazy, but be able to modify them in a newer version of floorplan turbocad?  I apologize if this is not the correct spot for this post, I posted this in the v12-v16 but did not see any recent posts so I am cross posting it here.
Regards,
Bryan

March 21, 2020, 08:30:52 AM
Hi there,

do you have bmf or bld files? Do you have the files in other format (pdf, dwg, etc)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:41:52 AM by Patricia G. »

* March 21, 2020, 04:57:13 PM
Thanks Patrica, they are .bmf files which I am certain was the original file format for floorplan v6.  I know it is version 6 because I opened one of the files in notepad and I can see the version embedded inside of the file.  For some reason, when I was doing cad development of my house plans, I rarely exported to .pdf or .dfx files.  At least I cannot find any on the old hard drives that I have scoured through.  I think I was perhaps on version 8 of floorplan when I stopped doing design.  But now, I have the itch again and want to see if I can resurrect my original floor plans.  Wish I had my old software, but it most likely would not work on a Windows 10 64 bit machine anyway.

March 21, 2020, 05:23:46 PM
Hi there,

I don't think, TFP 6 will work on Win 10.
Your only option is if you have a jpg image of the plan or a PDF, so you can trace the plan.

Hope this helps.