Earth-sheltered home

Started by Jeanine74, March 22, 2010, 01:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeanine74

I am looking to design an earth-sheltered home. I have the basic design in mind and tried to draw it in TurboFloorPlan, but can not figure how to add the single-slope roof (higher in back, dropping approximately 12 inches over 22 feet) and slope the walls to match the roof. Can someone help me?
Thanks.

George Smith

Jeanine,
I can tell you what has helped me: playing around with the program for a long time.  Go through each and every setting, dialog box, double-click everything, etc.  Change lots of things one at a time, then see what each change does by looking at it in 3d.

That said, I'll point you in the right direction: roofs always start as 'hip'.  Each square roof has 4 sides, and each start as 'hip'.  You can click on the green arrows to select the individual side, then change that to gable.

To get shed roof: leave the low side as a hip, change the other 3 to gable. FYI for your flat shed roof, enter a .55 in 12 pitch (2.6 degrees) for that low side hip roof.

George